July 5-11, 2018
- Holiness, What's That?
- American and Catholic: Holding Two Big Ideas Together
- Missions: From the Rising of the Sun to Its Setting (Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil, Kateri Tekakwitha, Junipero Serra)
- Brick By Brick I: Westward Ho! The Frontier Church (Elizabeth Seton, Philippine Duchesne, Theodore Guerin, John Neumann, Francis Seelos)
- Brick By Brick II: Boldly Going Where Angels Fear to Tread (Damien de Veuster, Marianne Cope, Frances Cabrini, Katharine Drexel)
- The Beatified: One Miracle to the Big Time (Capuchin Solanus Casey, Fr. Stanley Rother, Sr. Miriam Teresa Demjanovich, Charlie Rodriguez Santiago)
- From Who? to Hallowed: How You Get on the Roster of Saints
- Mystics Or Misfits? Outliers in the Cause of Holiness
- Saints-in-Waiting I: Who's Next in the Constellation of Wow? (Fr. Augustus Tolton, Venerable Fulton Sheen, Paulist Isaac Hecker, Venerable Michael McGivney, Rose Hawthorne Lathrop, Venerable Henriette De Lille)
- Saints-in-Waiting II: More Farm Picks (Sr. Thea Bowman; Venerable Rafael Cordero Molina; Military figures: Lafleur, Maginn, Kapaan, Capodanno, Schmitt, Washington, Cummings; Venerable Mother Maria Kaupas; Julia Greeley; Dorothy Day)
America is a big idea. So is Catholicism. How do we hold "American" and "Catholic" together with integrity? The story of U.S. saints traces our country’s history, with its grand dreams of liberty. It also courageously records our failures to include everyone in the emerging social landscape. American Catholic history is a saga of justice and its pursuit by a variety of unlikely heroes. Their stories remind us that sainthood isn’t for plaster statues, but for real people living responsively in their own generations—like us.
This weekend retreat includes ten hours of reflection. You can choose day attendance or the whole series.