July 20-22, 2018
- American and Catholic: Holding Two Big Ideas Together
- From Sea to Shining Sea: Isaac Jogues and Rene Goupil. Kateri Tekakwitha. Junipero Serra.
- Brick By Brick: Elizabeth Seton. Philippine Duchesne. Theodore Guerin. John Neumann and Francis Seelos. Damien de Veuster and Marianne Cope. Frances Cabrini. Katharine Drexel.
- Mystics Or Misfits? The Character of American Saints
- Saints-in-Waiting: Who's Next in the Constellation of Wow?
America is a big idea. So is Catholicism. How do we hold "American" and "Catholic" together with integrity? The story of U.S. saints traces our country’s history, with its grand dreams of liberty. It also courageously records our failures to include everyone in the emerging social landscape. American Catholic history is a saga of justice and its pursuit by a variety of unlikely heroes. Their stories remind us that sainthood isn’t for plaster statues, but for real people living responsively in their own generations—like us.
For more information on this event, please visit Vallombrosa Center.